A quickly finished crochet shrug which I made for Maia last night. It started life as a shawl/wrap for me, but when I got to this point, I wondered what would happen if I created arm holes.. by sewing the two edges under; this is the result.I like that it is longer in the back and fitting around her arms/front, it just gives a nice amount of warmth for this time of year. If you would like to re-create shrug, I used this free pattern over at miliboo, using a 4ply yarn (it actually may be even 3 ply, it’s pretty fine) and a 5mm hook. I followed the instructions exactly until it was 15 rows long – then joined under and sewed the long ends up (about an inch in each side) to create armholes and single crocheted around the entire front/neck edge to finish. It hasn’t been blocked as she wore it today and loved it, Ill probably wash it and block it lightly at the weekend. Maia is almost 6 and this fits her generously, I’d imagine it would fit a child up to about 10, there is plenty of stretch in the pattern.