It all started with Lavender needing a sleeping bag and pillow please…
But so much fun, and the kids have had a lot of imaginative play with these tents in the past few days, so in case you want to make your own toy tent…
- Using skewers make two equilateral triangles. Secure with masking tape.
- Make 3 side frames (these are overlapping skewers) held together with.. you guessed it… masking tape!
- Join Triangles to frame. Use a LOT of masking tape to hold everything in place.
How to make a toy tent…
- Cut main fabric 3 x side height + seam allowance. Pin in place
- Cut 3 triangles. Pin one to end.
- Cut other triangles in half plus a little for overlap. Over sew and hem open edges.
- Pin opening side triangle halves in place.
- Remove from frame and sew all seams. Over sew all seams to finish edges.
- I secured the frame to the tent by hand sewing a few places on the front edge. Hand sew ribbon ties in place.
PS. Carter, the funny boy, was there keeping a watchful eye on Bongo when these photos were being taken but he was behind me because he didn’t want to be in the photos for some reason.