These are a few of the flowers which are blooming at our place right now. Did I mention I how much I love spring?
Each of the hair ties above are a riff on the same basic pattern, alter it slightly to vary the design.
Crochet Flower Hair Tie Pattern
Using 2-3ply cotton and a 2.5mm hook.
1. Chain 5, join with a slip stitch to form a ring.
2. Chain 3, double crochet into the circle 14 times, and join with a ss (15 dc).
3. Chain 3, skip 2 stitches, slip stitch into the next stitch. Repeat around, creating 5 loops.
4. First layer of petals: (with the front of the flower facing you) Single crochet into first loop to begin, sc, 5dc, sc into each loop around (5 petals created). Join in your hair tie on one of these petals by holding the tie alongside your loop and crocheting over it as you crochet into the loop creating the petal (there’s a photo below).
5. Working on back of flower now. Chain 3, sc into 1 of the back loops of the starting sc of this petal and the next (see photo Im not exactly sure how to explain which bit I mean, the loop further up the hook is the loop Ive drawn up, the two towards the end of the hook are the ones you want to sc into to join your 3 chain loop).